Athletics ready for A-10 outdoor championships
Women’s athletics | May 6, 2022
RICHMOND, Virginia – La Salle’s men’s and women’s track and field teams are set for the Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Richmond, Va. hosted by VCU on Saturday May 7th and Sunday May 8th. The championships will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Saturday’s events will include the first half of the Heptathalon/Decathalon followed by five field events. There will be eight running events starting at 2:30 p.m., including the 3,000-meter steeplechase and 10 km finals. Sunday’s events will kick off with the conclusion of the Heptathalon/Decathalon alongside three field events and 11 race event finals.
- Christine Mancini currently ranks atop conferences in the women’s 800m for her 2:06.51 performance at the Larry Ellis Invitational. She placed second in the A-10 standings in the 1500m with a time of 4:22.19 at the Sam Howell Invitational.
- El-Mancini enters the championships as the conference leader in the women’s 10K. She clocked a time of 33:20.62 at the Raleigh relays. She also placed third in the 5K with a performance of 16:10.22 at the Virginia Challenge.
- Liz Mancini is second in the conference in the 5K with a time of 16:07.44 at the Virginia Challenge.
- Olabissi Adams placed third in the women’s long jump by reaching a distance of 5.86m at the Big 5 Meet.
- Dennis Manyeah is first in the league standings for the men’s high jump with a mark of 2.09m at the Penn Relays.
- by Liam Rivard His performance of 1:48.66 in the men’s 800m at the Sam Howell Invitational places him second in the conference in that event. He also placed third in the 1,500m clocking a time of 3:45.96 at the Larry Ellis Invitational.
- Ibrahim Kedir ranks second in the conference for the 5K and 10K. He recorded a time of 14:06.34 in the 5K at the Penn Relays and a time of 29:42.11 in the 10K at the Raleigh Relays.